Logic Information Systems is a fast-growing project-centric consulting organization and an Oracle Retail Implementation Partner. Logic Information Systems specializes in solving our retail clients’ business problems with expert technology implementations and custom software development and integration services.
Due to incredible growth and client demand, we are seeking a Lead Developer focused on the Micros Solution to driveopportunities that we have available in the exciting area of point of sale (POS) applications.
The Developer position is a senior developer position responsible for the design, development, implementation, and operational / maintenance of new and existing Oracle Retail – Micros solutions. The Lead Developer position will use and work on establishing and maintaining programming standards for Logic’s development team and work closely with the Project Manager of the group to set the strategy and direction for the team. The position will have direct leadership responsibilities.
- Lead development efforts to customize Java based Micros code including and offshore resources data-contrast
- Design and develop customized solutions for clients
- Conduct information systems needs assessment, information gathering and recommend appropriate business systems and IT infrastructure
- Collaborate with manager, external users and other developers to clarify and requirements and produce corresponding functional specifications for general applications and infrastructure
- Work closely with retail business/functional SME to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Provide advice, best practices and guidance to clients in regards to achieving their goals
- Represent team and communicate project status during project reviews with management and stakeholders
- Work with other software developers to design and implement applications, using Java code, and enhancements as needed
- Maintain and enhance applications on an ongoing basis per user/customer feedback
- Ensure that unit and system tests are automated, per quality assurance requirements
- Collaborate as necessary to define and implement regression test suites
- Optimize performance and growth as necessary to meet business goals of application and environment
- knowledge capital via project documentation to ensure consistency on customer projects
- Micros development best practice solutions
- Continuously develop and breadth of Oracle Retail solutions
- Supports team environment by collaborating with others to move forward with the client’s best interest
- Effectively communicates with subordinates,peers, superiors, and clients in a way that drives deliverables forward and maintains open communication lines
- Completes required weekly administrative tasks including, individual status report and time and expense entry
- Participate in software implementation pre-sales activities
- Train and onboard new developers
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Technical Skills: Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Teamwork: Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Communication skills: Strong written and oral communication skills
- Judgment: Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism and Ethics: Treats all people with respect.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions; and follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate resolution of complex technical challenges
- 5+ years working with an object oriented development language (e.g. Java, .NET framework)
- 2+ years as a senior developer working with large development projects.
- Working knowledge of database design and SQL (Query Language)
- Experience work with Micros or POS solutions such as Xstore, Relate, Locate preferred
- Have experience in estimating development effort
- Excellent listener, and a strong verbal and written communicator
- Experience providing technical leadership on complex projects
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced business environment
- Industry-specific knowledge in retails preferred but not required
- Must be able to work independently
- A professional image
- Ability to travel (80%+) as needed