Logic Information Systems is a fast-growing project-centric consulting organization and an Oracle Retail Implementation Partner, which specializes in solving our clients’ business problems with expert technology implementations and custom software development and integration services.
Our consultants work closely with retail clients to determine how their businesses are run today and what opportunities for process improvement exist for the future. Logic consultants use a variety of tools to translate customer needs into solution capabilities.
The Enterprise Architect is a leadership role that is responsible for translating the business needs of the client into an actionable vision for the project team to deliver. They are responsible for establishing current, transition, and future state architectures that align to the business objective roadmap. This resource can be macro (strategic) or micro (tactical) in their approach to programs, adapt quickly to the changing environment and make sound decisions in high-pressure situations. Their depth and breadth of knowledge allow them to contribute at various levels of program execution with examples including; strategic advisory, business, and technical design, infrastructure strategy, development strategy, database modeling, and many more.
An Enterprise Architect is expected to be a champion of proper configuration, program, change, and incident management processes. Working in tandem with senior leadership and program leadership, this individual will provide the broad technical vision and help drive process adoption throughout delivery cycles. In addition, the EA will serve a vital role in establishing Logic’s ongoing technical approach to solutions for meeting our client’s objectives.
- Owner of physical data, business process, enterprise architecture, infrastructure, and integration modeling
- Contributes to the definition of enterprise roadmaps for Logic and clients
- Engages in governance committees, review boards, and strategic project support
- Creates prototypes to test new technology
- Define and support the tools, methodology, and processes to be leveraged by the project teams
- Understands the need to balance delivery against the business appetite for change and the maturity of an organization, along with the resource capability and budgetary constraints of the program
- Able to establish metrics for system performance evaluation
- Serve as a bridge between the business, project management, senior leadership, support, functional team members, and technical team members across all work streams
- Support project feasibility and discovery studies
- Manage the transformation of requirements into architectural roadmaps
- Assist in the design and delivery of technical activities in support of the team
- Demonstrate technical expertise within the practice functional areas
- Establish, develop, and maintain a strong business relationship with clients
- Serve as subject matter expert on design and implementation of retail software solutions
- Attend conferences and trainings to maintain the edge on industry best practices
- Provide cost estimates to clients
- Understand Logic’s internal capabilities and give input on strategy.
- Create agendas, schedule and lead meetings independently, take minutes, manage follow-up action items
- Perform knowledge transfer to client personnel especially related to retail applications and requirements
- Engages in pre-sales activities as a technical expert
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentor’s associate through principle consultants through formal and informal channels.
- Seeks and participates in personal development opportunities above and beyond training required by the company.
- Trains co-workers and clients through both formal and informal training programs.
- Contributes and defines the strategic technical direction of Logic
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience as an IT Technical Lead
- 6+ years of experience in building multi-tier enterprise applications
- Web application development, full stack development, multi-threaded programming experience
- Experience with broad technology delivery, including custom development using various compiled development languages (.NET, C, C++, Java, etc.)
- Experience with providing technical leadership, mentoring in software engineering design, development, and frameworks, analyzing alternatives, and presenting technical options to leads and clients.
- Extensive experience with modeling tools such as Casewise, Telelogic, Erwin, and/or Visio
- Experience with vendor negotiation and vendor management
- Motivated and process-oriented critical thinker that is adept at negotiation, business process, and can provide an enterprise architecture vision
- Adept at handling conflict and making non-biased decisions
- Strong knowledge of continuous delivery, along with an understanding of Cloud architecture required
- Professional approach when dealing with internal and external customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong written and verbal English skills required
- A proactive nature and a high attention to detail
- Ability to travel 80%
- Demonstrated expertise in consulting
- Preferred experience as an architect on retail ERP implementations