At Logic, we solve retail problems. What sets us apart is our approach: we apply a consumer-centric lens towards solving business problems through retail systems integration. Rather than simply installing and updating software, we empower our clients with the knowledge and support needed to deliver world-class experiences for their shoppers that maximize convenience, efficiency, and profitability. Take your talent and passion to a global organization at the forefront of retail, technology, and innovation! Join our retail technology team and you will team up with diverse, talented colleagues, and leaders who support your success
Your Role as a Logic Release Manager
There is never a typical day at Logic, but that’s why people love it here! As a Release Manager, you will work alongside clients as you help them make a real difference to their customers: your friends, family, and neighbors. You’ll work with them to identify their challenges and collaborate with your Logic colleagues to develop and craft solutions.
At Logic, we hire the best people and help them become even better. You will utilize your technical skills and business acumen to provide deep insights into the global retail environment in which our clients operate. Right from the start, you’ll receive world-class training, career counseling, mentoring and support to help you maintain professional success.
You might spend your day:
- Collaborating with project managers, QA leads, development teams and system administrators and negotiate win-win solutions for all stakeholders.
- Create and manage communication regarding release management processes, activities and key milestones.
- Lead cross workstream planning workshops to identify dependencies, resolve conflicts and gain alignment on release management plan.
- Notify program leadership of issues/risks and determine mitigation strategies where needed.
- Coordinate releases across workstreams to achieve the objective of the program.
- Manage the release of fixes, updates, patches to each of the environments; DEV, QA, PROD.
- Assess cross workstream impact of each release and make recommendations for the greater good of the organization.
- Create and maintain detailed versioning information for all workstreams in all environments.
- Implement process improvements, best practices to minimize risk and maximize workstream productivity.
- Develop reporting tools to measure conformance and performance of the release management process.
Characteristics of a successful Release Manager:
- Strong infrastructure and SDLC knowledge.
- Familiar with project management practices.
- Proficient and effective communicator at all levels of the organization.
- Outspoken, objective, team player.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Champions continuous improvement
- Process driven.