Your Role as a Logic Senior Consultant
We are seeking a Senior Consultant to join our Business Intelligence and Analytics team. This position is a good fit for a candidate who wants to work closely with retail clients as trusted advisors. The Senior Consultant role is a highly interactive, complex role where the consultant has a blend of strong analytical, communication, problem solving and business skills.
Successful candidates must have demonstrated expertise in data warehouse databases, ETL Tools, Reporting Tools as well as data warehousing concepts and reporting architectures.
You will spend your days working with clients on assigned projects to:
- Identify and document client business challenges and make meaningful technology-based recommendations
- Provide system demonstrations, testing and training to drive solution adoption
- Engineer technical and/or functional solutions to meet client requirements
As customer priorities change, Logic’s priorities change, so you should be energized by change and comfortable with working in a fast-paced, evolving business environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide deep subject matter expertise in multiple retail solutions; Custom Retail Data Warehouses, Oracle Retail Analytic Systems (Retail Insights, Oracle Retail Advanced Science Engine)
- Provide expertise in Report Objects Design and Development and guidance on report/dashboard designs.
- Lead client sessions from conceptual framework to detailed design
- Devise innovative solutions that best bridge any gaps between a client’s requirements and standard system functionality
- Earn trusted advisor status through demonstrated knowledge of common and emerging retail practices
- Confirm completion of high quality deliverables for self and less experienced consultants
- May serve as a delivery lead for a project or for a workstream within a project
- Actively contribute to Logic’s Knowledge Base of collective wisdom
- Effectively communicate with subordinates, peers, superiors, and clients in a way that drives deliverables forward and maintains open communication lines
- Mentor less experienced consultants
- Comply with all Logic defined processes and procedures
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with at least 3 different Datawarehouse Databases (Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, Snowflake, DB2, SQL Server)
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with at least 2 ETL Tools (ODI, SSIS, DataStage, Talend, Informatica)
- Working knowledge of Reporting Tools (MicroStrategy, OBIEE, Tableau, Looker, QlikView, BIP)
- Candidates should also be familiar with data warehousing concepts and reporting architectures
- Expertise in Linux Shell Scripting and a programming language (Python, Java)
- Proficient with several retail-oriented software solutions, with expert-level knowledge of Retail Insights (RI), Oracle Retail Advanced Science Engine (ORASE), Retail (Retek) Data Warehouse (RDW)
- Working Knowledge of Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) and Order Management System.
- Demonstrated knowledge of retail industry required
- Previous consulting experience preferred
- Ability to stand in front of a client and present your recommendations with authority and poise, even in situations where you are still learning the solution or retail vertical
- Ability to quickly learn new software solutions, even without formal hands-on training
- Can confidently lead all stages of a project from solutioning to testing to go-live
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, if needed
- Interpersonal skills that allow you to read situations quickly, manage expectations, and speak from experience
- Goal-oriented and driven attitude with a superior ability to execute and sustain a high sense of urgency
- Travel required 50-80% of the time